Clark County, Ohio

History and Genealogy



Then & Now - Northeast Corner of Main & Limestone

The northeast corner of Main and Limestone Streets was originally the site of the Imperial Hotel, then the Willis House, then the St. James Hotel, then the Murray House, pictured below. Date of this photo is unknown.

The Cherry Hotel (pictured below at the far right) replaced the Murray House. Photo is from 1908.

In 1916, the Shawnee Hotel was built at a cost of $305,000. It had 175 rooms and officially opened January 31, 1917. Below is the lobby of the Shawnee Hotel.



Back







Links

Ohio Genealogy



Home

Advertising

Battle of Piqua

Biographies

Cemeteries

City Charter

County Politics and Roster of Officers

Early Clark County

George Rogers Clark

Clark-Shawnee Centennial

Education in Clark County

Ghost Towns

Indians in Clark County

Pioneers and Pioneer Days

Simon Kenton

Military History

Miscellaneous

The National Road

Obituaries

The Old Northwest

Organizations

Photos

Prehistory

Springfield in 1852

Springfield in 1859

Springfield in 1863

Springfield in 1868

Springfield History

SHS 1951 Yearbook

State and County Government

Then & Now










Host your genealogy or history site on AncestralSites.com! Only $25 annually for 1gb of space!